Kyocera Hydro Elite in Europe
ticerex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I'm living in Hungary, Europe. On a recent business trip to USA I bought a second hand Kyocera Hydro Elite. I decided to use it at home, so I bought a SIM card from a local provider (T-Mobile Hungary). Everything went smoothly, the phone found the GSM network, can initiate and receive calls and SMS's, but cannot see any 2G/3G networks. Could anybody help me to set this phone up in order to be able to use local mobile data services, please?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

TGy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kyocera Hydro Elite in Europe
ticerex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately data connection can be established only by gaining root access and modify the apn settings in the internal database.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contact your local cellular provider and get the APN information they use. That's the best suggestion you are going to get here on the peer to peer forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ticerex
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did that already, and got all the settings. But unfortunately there is no option in the phone to enter a new APN. 😞

However, if I initiate connection, the phone says: "Registered on network", but in spite of this there's no connection.

What do you think: is there any other forum I could turn to? I'm not a Verizon customer, so the official sources are not available for me.

0 Likes
ticerex
Enthusiast - Level 2

And there is another message: "This SIM card is from an unknown source". Probably this is why the data roaming is disabled. Is there any way to avoid this?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does T-Mobile Europe has a forum for support there? An android tech site might also be an option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ticerex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately data connection can be established only by gaining root access and modify the apn settings in the internal database.

0 Likes