Re: Kyocera DuraForce Pro will not charge
lorenzop_vzw
Verizon Employee

JONBAR86, I can certainly understand your concerns about being able to complete troubleshooting if your phone is low on battery. To clarify, are you experiencing battery issues similar to the original poster? Please let us know if you see any of the following:

• Charger fits loosely, bent or broken port
  • Corrosion, or liquid damage
  • Appears normal

Looking forward to hearing back.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
benbuff

I'm having the same problem.  Phone and charger is only 1 month old.  It won't charge plugged into a 120 outlet or on the wireless fast charger.  Red charge light comes on but it doesn't charge. It will charge when plugged into my vehicle or a battery pack.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the type of experience that we want for you with your new phone,  benbuff. We'd love to help you with these issues and make sure you get what you paid for. To better assist you, we'd like to ask some questions. What happens when you use a different home charger? Are you using the charger that came with the phone? 

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
mattt181
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having this same problem with a brand new, 1 week old Kyocera Duraforce Pro.   Has anyone found the solution to this ANNOYING problem?   I should NOT be having issues like this with a one week old phone.

0 Likes
Psyllicon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Brand new, fresh off the shelf - purchased 15min before closing (*they did NOT activate it for me -- said they did, but I'm not getting Service -- I'm assuming I can accomplish that when the East Coast wakes up again..  it's 3am as I write this)

My father's phone died and I had to replace it immediately -- Mom is going out of State tomorrow.

I have ENOUGH on my hands trying to migrate from a Dead phone (iPhone even) to a New phone (Android) and then THIS happens~

>Settings/Battery  reads:  "Plugged in, Can't charge right now"

AND It's at 16% with MONDO UPDATES to install~!

Is there a Class-Action Suit I'm missing here? 

VZW, are you LISTENING at all?

GET OFF YOUR butt AND DO YOUR JOB~!

4am - won't charge and wont Activate4am - won't charge and wont Activate

0 Likes
AZJEFFRO

Mine did the same thing, try doing a forced restart,  it fixed mine.  Hold the power button, and volume down buttons at the same time until the phone restarts.

0 Likes
AZJEFFRO

It will take 5-10 seconds to restart.   Or just try a regular restart, mine charges now .

0 Likes