Knock on won't work & contact list problems
srivergirl

My phone was working fine, until May 27. 

Suddenly my Knock on feature won't work, but the knock off works just fine.

Also, when I go to my contact list and click to search contacts, it does not respond at all.   I am able to click on a letter and scroll through my contacts, but cannot search them. 

Also, the phone was paired to my vehicle hands free.  it is still paired, but I can no longer make calls with this feature at all.

How do I resolve these issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Knock on won't work & contact list problems
Snn5
Legend

Digitizer is defective.  Replace under warranty if warranty remains.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

As far as knock on, I would go to the app manager in settings-menu and scroll to ALL, then scroll down to Home.  I would clear the cache for that as it is your home launcher and knock on is a part of that.

Lastly, I would also try settings-storage-tap cache.  that will clear the cache for the phone.  And, tap Misc and remove any folders no longer needed.

0 Likes
srivergirl

I completed those steps, but knock on still does not work. 

I am still not able to search my contact list. 

So, it did not seem to correct any of the issues.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like you have either an LG G2 or G3, maybe a Vista.  If you have not factory reset since the Lollipop update and given your issues you might try this.

The following process has helped many, maybe you can benefit from this as well.  I know you don't WANT to FDR, but if you haven't already, this might be a NEED to operation.

Plug into charger for the entire process

(DISABLE google backup and restore of apps and app data)

Charge to 100% and back up and factory reset the phone

Factory reset one more time

Unplug from charger

Set up your phone

Leave phone on until it dies and turns off 1 time

Leave off and recharge to 100%

This is my usual process and I have had no issues.

0 Likes
srivergirl

I have an LG2.

hoping I don't have to do a FDR. 

0 Likes
jaseman
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's also possible that you just need to wipe the cache partition. Google how to do it for your exact phone and follow the directions precisely!

Try that first as it will not remove anything like a FDR will and it may fix your issues. Do you shut the phone off at night? Have you shut it completely down and restarted it? If not, then do these two things first before the FDR. It might save you some resetup work!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

We just covered that in my first response.

0 Likes
jaseman
Enthusiast - Level 2

No you did not. I am talking about the System Cache that can only be cleared with a special reboot/key sequence per phone type. You are talking about the individual cache per application. There is a difference.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

LG phones don't have that option.  To do what YOU might do on a Moto or Samsung in a recovery menu you cannot do on an LG.

Lastly, I would also try settings-storage-tap cache.  that will clear the cache for the phone.  And, tap Misc and remove any folders no longer needed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

srivergirl,

I appreciate you trying the suggested steps.

For the Knock issue please test the touch screen using the Notebook application. Please draw vertical lines from top to bottom of screen. If the lines are interrupted and parts of the screen fail to respond, we may need to replace the phone under the warranty.

In regards to the contacts, when you tab the contacts icon on the phone you should see a "search contacts" bar right at the top.  Are you not seeing that bar or are you not able to type in the contact?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes