KitKat update question
ohgofish
Enthusiast - Level 1

After KitKat update, my RazorM is showing "System UIDs Inconsistent - UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable." Then down below is..."I'm feeling lucky" What is that supposed to mean? What will I lose by wiping this partition without the chance to do a backup? There seems to be no way out other than seeing how lucky I am.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: KitKat update question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ohgofish,

We want your device to be fully functional without losing any information. The message that is appearing on the screen is due to the software update and all information updating correctly. When the message appears please choose the option "I'm feeling lucky". Please do not wipe the data partition as you may lose some information on the device.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ohgofish
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tapped on the message box referenced above and the update completed. Why put that message out there? To generate more customer service emails/calls?

Anyway, I am very disappointed that the swype function is no longer available. I would therefore say that my device is not as fully functional as prior to the upgrade.

Finally, my calendar icon changed to the little droid bot that tells me "app isn't installed". I can't remember if this app was part of the original install or added later. I obviously have to download something and sincerely hope that my appointments will still be there. What should I do?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information ohgofish! I perfectly understand your concerns regarding the swype feature as my wife loved it and she did ont have after update on her Razr M. She downloaded a swype application (at a cost) to resolve this issue. For the calendar, she download the free Google calendar app and she loves it. Give these options a try and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

vspoke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, great message.  Very frightening and unhelpful.  Unfortunately once you are sucked into 4.4 you can't get out.  Kitkat breaks sd card access, you can't bulk delete text messages, unable to delete Audible books without hooking up to a PC (Who's stupid idea was that??), swype is gone.  And those are just the landmines I just happened to trip over on the first day.  Pathetic.

0 Likes