Just got the Droid. How do you get CBSSports to work like a normal web browser?
espn877

It's too hard to do fantasy baseball on this version that seems like it was made for the blackberry.  I have installed the update that came out the other day.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Just got the Droid. How do you get CBSSports to work like a normal web browser?
OpsMan

Depending on your connection you may get a different site or portal to the CBSsports web site......for example on wifi connection upon typing the url www.cbssports.com in the default android browser I am directed to http://wap.cbssports.com .. Which as you probably know is a different beast than normal. If I type http://www.cbssports.com/mobile......I get the same site that loads with that URL on my desktop browser.

So the best answer I can give is too try a different browser (opera mini...etc) or try the URL that I mentioned above and bookmark. You may also want to see if you can make changes to a setting in the browser. As a final note. Notice that upon loading www.google.com you get -by default, the mobile version. There's a link at bottom of Google page that says "Classic" view. That link loads the same page you see on the standard desktop/laptop browser.

EDIT::: I can also type www.cbssports.com/fantasy . This loads the same on both android and desktop.

Hope this helps......

0 Likes
Re: Just got the Droid. How do you get CBSSports to work like a normal web browser?
sranger

Open your web browser.  In the address bar, type in "about:debug" ( without the quotes ).  This will add some configuration menu items to your browser. Menu->Settings->UAString  (probably the last setting) Change this setting from Android to Desktop.  This will force your browser to always request the standard web site.

Good luck...

0 Likes
SFroomkin
Contributor - Level 1

There's also a CBSSports app that's fairly good ... I use it for fantasy football, works well.  You can find it in the market.

0 Likes