Re: Jelly Bean Update?
Not applicable

that was exactly what i just said... jelly bean is coming out before the beginning of 2013

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/19/motorola-posts-list-of-phones-not-receiving-jelly-bean-confirms...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No you are saying Verizon knows when. I am telling you they don't know when. In order for them to know Motorola has to SUBMIT the update first. Which has not happened.

0 Likes
Not applicable

no thats is not what i said...wow...

i said its up to the service provider to push the update once it is aprooved by moto. verizon tests the updates too, cause it has to work with there bloatware...

I NEVER ONCE SAID THAT THEY KNOW WHEN! learn how to read

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I think you have some anger issues, you may want to look into that.

Not applicable

no i just dont like stupidity. or having to explain something more then once. if i explained something 5 other times you would think that person just might understand what im trying to say..but no LMAO

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That's because you are WRONG.

0 Likes
Not applicable

no im not.....you are an (deleted inapropriate content as per VZW ToS...please keep your post family friendly). the only company that doesnt have to go through the service provider to do updates is apple

(deleted inapropriate content)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

TwoTabs wrote:

no i just dont like stupidity. or having to explain something more then once. if i explained something 5 other times you would think that person just might understand what im trying to say..but no LMAO

More like you need to word yourself better.  This is what you said.  I will BOLD, and color differentiate.

sometimes you guys crack me up. you guys say we need to ask motorola about it? if they call them they are gonna tell us we need to ask verizon about it. i dont think any of you have the slightest clue on whats going on. GG epic fail. then when people start getting upset about it. Verizon iqnores its customers. thats really good customer satisfaction there...not

So like I said before Verizon has NO CLUE whatsoever.  Regardless what Motorola tells you.  WIthout them submitting an update Verizon WILL NEVER KNOW PERIOD.  They've probably told this over and over.

As I said BEFORE more than once.

Motorola doesn't know until they make a "soft" schedule(Hope they make that schedule).  Verizon won't know until it has been submitted and tested.  Since Motorola has NOT done their soak test it means Motorola hasn't even submitted an update.  They just updated their schedule.

So now  you know how Motorola does their updates, and the next Motorola rep tells you to call Verizon you tell them what they should know since they are not trained properly.  I have owned the Droid X2, Droid 3, and the Droid 4 and it has ALWAYS been this way(been in every soak test for those devices).

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

My 2 cents, Verizon is a bad situation, they have to pick the lesser of two evils. First evil, as you have brought up, is the silence, don't say anything and let things happen in their own time. Second is giving out information that could not happen as planned. I have been surfing these forums long enough that I know that anything Verizon says, people seem to take as the gospel truth, if it does not happen as they are told, for whatever reason, people are foaming at the mouth. Silence, people feeling like they are being ignored, like you said, and they are foaming at the mouth. I have actually found people get more ticked off when they are told something and it does not happen verses being told nothing, maybe that is Verizon's stance also. Just my thoughts.

Oh yeah, the locals reps are mushrooms like us, they are kept in the dark and fed crap too.. (LOL)

Tidbits
Legend

TwoTabs wrote:

no im not.....you are an (deleted inapropriate content as per VZW ToS...please keep your post family friendly). the only company that doesnt have to go through the service provider to do updates is apple

(deleted inapropriate content)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

Sadly you are mistaken.  Apple has to go through it as well.  Here's the placebo effect of doing everything in house.  You can delay updates and release them at the same time which gives the illusion that they give off.  Since Android is done by various manufacturers with different update timelines and schedules it's easier to see the gaps.

0 Likes