Ive been DROIDED!
Mainstreet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok I took the bait. I traded my trusty Env Voyager for a Droid. This is a phone, in my opinion, that does many things...but none of them well. This one should have stayed in development a while longer. Making a simple phone call is the most difficult thing there is to do on it and answering a call is simply impossible. The touch screen is either too sensitive and always clicking on something you hadnt intended to or wont work at all. And dont even get me started on battery life. For what I paid for this thing, I could have bought a new laptop! First thing tomorrow, its going back and Im thinking of just going back to the Voyager....although that new Devoure looks good. THIS is most certainly an unhappy customer and Ive been a loyal Verizon customer for 10 years.:smileymad:

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Ive been DROIDED!
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Mainstreet wrote:

Ok I took the bait. I traded my trusty Env Voyager for a Droid. This is a phone, in my opinion, that does many things...but none of them well. This one should have stayed in development a while longer. Making a simple phone call is the most difficult thing there is to do on it and answering a call is simply impossible. The touch screen is either too sensitive and always clicking on something you hadnt intended to or wont work at all. And dont even get me started on battery life. For what I paid for this thing, I could have bought a new laptop! First thing tomorrow, its going back and Im thinking of just going back to the Voyager....although that new Devoure looks good. THIS is most certainly an unhappy customer and Ive been a loyal Verizon customer for 10 years.:smileymad:

I suppose everyone is entitled to their own view. About the battery life,there are ways to improve it. For instance,you can get the app called Power Manager Full. You can extend battery life.There are also some tricks you can do to. See this article-->Keep Devices Going There have also been threads on here that talk about how to extend the battery longer.

0 Likes
Mainstreet
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cant find any place in the setting to change the sensitivity of the touch screen. Is there such a place? Part of the problem Im having is that it WONT let me answer incoming calls by touching the answer button...but if I touch the darn thing anyplace else at any other time, apps open up and screens start doing things they shouldnt. Ive had the phone for 4 days now and have not been able to answer a single call in that time. I work in TV news...I got to get my calls !

0 Likes
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

Mainstreet wrote:

I cant find any place in the setting to change the sensitivity of the touch screen. Is there such a place?

Not that I can find.

Part of the problem Im having is that it WONT let me answer incoming calls by touching the answer button...

To answer a phone call on an Android device, you have to slide to answer.

but if I touch the darn thing anyplace else at any other time, apps open up and screens start doing things they shouldnt. Ive had the phone for 4 days now and have not been able to answer a single call in that time. I work in TV news...I got to get my calls !

0 Likes
Not applicable

I know people get tired of reading this, but I have not had any problems with my Droid.  I'm convinced that the majority of problems people have are due to user error.  Some things about the Droid are not intuitive.

0 Likes
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

jimfitzgerald wrote:

I know people get tired of reading this, but I have not had any problems with my Droid.  I'm convinced that the majority of problems people have are due to user error.  Some things about the Droid are not intuitive.

That's funny. Some problems are caused by user error, but clearly some Droids are defective. We have heard repeatedly about how you have had ZERO problems with your Droid and your work around for Bluetooth. That's great, however some people are truly having major problems with their phones, and it isn't due to user error.

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for your kind words.  I am sure there are some defective Droids out there.  I'm still convinced most of the problems reported are user error.  I'm entitled to express my opinion without receiving personal attacks.

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

I agree with Jim. I think the majority of people's problems are user error. Android isnt for everyone. Esp. one who cannot even slide to answer a call.  Perhaps a simple featured phone would be best for him/her.  The problem is that everybody wants a smartphone these days when all they ever had were simple phones.  If you do not know how to use the device, take it back and get something simpler.  Dont come on here and tell us how you are a loyal verizon customer who is leaving to go to another carrier.  Who cares?!?! What do you think its going to be like with their smartphones?  Some people need to stick with a simple phone.  Thats all i got to say.  

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
So if you have been with the company for 10 years? Why not just return the thing and go back to your old phone? Isnt the phone and not the network thats causing the problem? Verizon gives us 30 days to return the phones if we dont like em.. right? I would recommend something similar to what you had, it looks like the droid may not be for you? Mine works just fine as so as many others here.
0 Likes
Mainstreet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I came here hoping to find some help...not snarky answers from verizons unpaid nerd brigade.

I can tell you this, I have 7 lines on my account. I spend over $500 a MONTH on my cell service between the 3 personal and 4 business phones I have. I would have appricated a little more effort on verizons part to make sure the phone was engineered for real people, not just cubicle dwelling facebookers. The touch screen has an issue, plain and simple. I cant touch the phone anywhere without it opening up apps and changing screens. Today when I tried to retrieve an incoming text message, it opened up a weather app....and thats all it will open when I try to open up the messaging app. So something is most certainly NOT RIGHT.

YES I will take it back and go back to my old voyager....until my contract ends and then I will walk my $500 a month down the street to the competitor. Small potatoes for sure in the grand plan but its my $500 and I can always go to Sprint.

The one other thing I would change in this phone, since I am not a constant facebooker etc, is that I'd put in the option of going to a regular sms texting format rather than the "threaded" format the droid uses. I find it difficult to figure out what message is the newest one.

To those here who stepped in to defend this obviously **bleep** customer, thank you.

To Verizon: Its my business to put the news on tv...you better hope I never have a reason to review this phone for a story. I might be temped to forget my journalistic ethics.

0 Likes