Re: Is there any way to keep the LG G3 Voice Mate from coming on every time my headphone wire jiggles? Extremely ANNOYING!
WooKim

I have the same issue but my phone doesn't have google now. What can I do? This seems to be a common issue with many LG G3 users.

0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to keep the LG G3 Voice Mate from coming on every time my headphone wire jiggles? Extremely ANNOYING!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WooKim, I'd be just concerned over my music getting interrupted constantly. Just in case, were you able to try the suggested tips of Clearing the cache and data on both VoiceMate and Voice Command, and disabling both apps to see if this stop it from reoccurring?

Please keep us posted.
NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WooKim

NicandroN_VZW I tried clear cache and clear data for both Voice Mate and Voice Mate Engine, then tried force stop. But they come back. These apps don't allow me to Disable them - it's greyed out. Voice Command can be Disabled. I looked through Google for the solution. It seems that 'rooting' the device is the only option to disable these annoying apps but I don't want to lose my warranty.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

For everyone who updated to LP, did you factory reset the phone after updating?  Plug N Pop is no longer a feature after the update from Kit Kat and Voice Mate CAN be disabled in LP.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WooKim,

That is definitely odd. You should certainly have the option to disable these applications. However, if you are still having troubles it may be best to backup the device and reset it to factory defaults to see if that will clear up any software concerns. Take a look here to see how to backup the device with Verizon Cloud http://vz.to/1p1RUE1. Once all backed up you would be able to safely reset the device without losing any personal data. Take a look here to see how to complete a reset http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112585/.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jake23 we certainly want to solve this issue for you. We do want to dig deeper in order to do that. I have sent you a private message to move to the next step. I look forward to hearing from you.
RosanneM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
btkircher

I've been experiencing this same issue over the last 6 months. I am an avid runner/cyclist, so it is incredibly frustrating to me that my music is constantly being interrupted by this awful feature.

I have attempted to resolve the issue with a factory reset, but the issue persisted. I have attempted every variation of clearing cache/disabling/uninstalling updates only to have the issue rear its ugly head once again.

Is my only solution to roll my phone back to the earliest version of my Google (Google Now) Application and disable all updates? Does this sound like a solution or a defect? As a software tester, this sounds like a defect that should absolutely be patched.

0 Likes
Jake23

You did send me a private email, but it was just to inform me that my post was removed. Why don't you send me another.

0 Likes