Is there any way to keep the LG G3 Voice Mate from coming on every time my headphone wire jiggles? Extremely ANNOYING!
MDavinG

Is there any way to keep the LG G3 Voice Mate from coming on every time my headphone wire jiggles? Extremely ANNOYING!

This phone can't tell the difference between a headset and headphones. Every 15 seconds, the Voice Mate pops up and pauses what I am listening to, making the phone worthless for music and podcasts. HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to keep the LG G3 Voice Mate from coming on every time my headphone wire jiggles? Extremely ANNOYING!
Tidbits
Legend

Either your headphones are  broken (causing a short) or your headphone port is doing the same. Did you try different headphones?

0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to keep the LG G3 Voice Mate from coming on every time my headphone wire jiggles? Extremely ANNOYING!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MDavinG-

You asked a wonderful question.  Let's take a look at that option for you.  Please go into Settings>Application Manger>All>Voice Mate and select clear defauts.  Give that a try and keep us posted.

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MDavinG

Its been happening for the whole 9 months I've had the phone, I've probably used 20+ headphones, headsets, AUX cables etc. in that time and they all do the same thing no matter the cable quality.

0 Likes
MDavinG

I've tried that, I've tried the same with Voice Command. I tried disabling Voice Command and that did not work, I cleared data and cache from Voice Mate and it does not give me the option to disable, the button is "Greyed Out"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying that MDavinG. Let's dig in a little deeper. Although the option to disable isn't there (since it's a LG application) do you have the option to uninstall the updates and then clear the app data so that it doesn't re-enable when you place your headset into the earpiece jack?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
burrus

Hi.

I've tried to disable this app, but there is no option to disable it (it's grayed out) and even when I remove the app data, it still activates no matter what.  I've tried every solution to fix this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Burrus,

Thanks for hard work! Lets dig a lttle deeper. Have you attempted to disable Google Now on the device to see if it will also disabled Listen Mode.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
burrus

I tried to do this but there is no option in the app manager for "Google Now".  I tried disabling the Google App but it did not solve the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Burrus,

We know unwanted features can be annoying! To disable features in Google Now, click on Google now>tap the options menu (3 dots in the corner)>toggle the switch that turns off all the options in Google Now>Confirm in Dialog box.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes