Is there any way to downgrade my HTC 10 back to Marshmallow?
ryryHTC10
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an HTC 10 running 7.0 and the latest patch as of July 19th. I'm wanting to downgrade my phone to any version of Marshmallow. I am willing to take the phone to the store to have them flash a fresh version of Android. I am aware that I will lose all my data and have to install fresh versions of any apps.

I simply want Marshmallow back.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there any way to downgrade my HTC 10 back to Marshmallow?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no official way to revert to the previous version of the OS. The updates are written to prevent reversing it. In further discussion about this topic can't be continued on this community forum because of the Terms of Service here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no official way to revert to the previous version of the OS. The updates are written to prevent reversing it. In further discussion about this topic can't be continued on this community forum because of the Terms of Service here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us today via this community forum. As mentioned by Ann154, there is no real way to revert your software once it has been updated. We want to address any issues you may have. What is the main reason to want to downgrade your software?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!