Internet connection using Android cell phone
corwinh
Enthusiast - Level 1

New HP desktop needs internet where there is no WiFi,  but Android cell has internet... How do we connect HP to the internet?  And without running up the cell bill excessively?

What is ROOT on Android?   Understand it is needed.Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You need to either be on one of the Family Share plans (tethering included) or you need to add a hotspot plan to your account.

Root on Android is gaining access to the OS on the system level, and will void your warranty (and discussions of such is a violation of the TOS of this site).

View solution in original post

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You need to either be on one of the Family Share plans (tethering included) or you need to add a hotspot plan to your account.

Root on Android is gaining access to the OS on the system level, and will void your warranty (and discussions of such is a violation of the TOS of this site).

Re: Internet connection using Android cell phone
corwinh
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have Family Share planSmiley Happy

But tethering is a mystery. How do we connect the HP desktop?

HP has Windows 8 OS.

I have registered for workshop Sunday 22 in Capitola CA--can they show me (us)?

0 Likes
Re: Internet connection using Android cell phone
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yes, they should be able to.  But, you should be able to just turn on the hotspot (in the settings, menu>settings>mobile networks), then open the network and sharing center on the desktop and find the appropriate hotspot.  I don't use the feature, and I don't have any PCs running Win8 so I'm not totally positive on all the steps.

0 Likes