Re: If Verizon does not allow Nexus 5, unlocked, on the network I will no longer be a Verizon customer
KickedAbyss
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great analogy.  It goes a step further, as they would say 'this Dell that we had built for us, because it is 'secure' with our awesome unheardofantivirusprogram that is way better than anything you could buy online.'

In specific I draw attention to VZ Navigator and other Verizon apps, none of which are better than either default google applications, or those you could get for free or at a low price on the Play store.  This is their fall back reason on why they will not allow a device on their network that they do not sell, because it is not 'approved' or 'secure' to work on their network.

0 Likes
Re: If Verizon does not allow Nexus 5, unlocked, on the network I will no longer be a Verizon customer
wouland

I'm out of here unless the horrific nexus, phone and plan policies doesn't change in the next month...

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, it won't change.  And i highly doubt it will hurt their bottom line.  I wish it would, but it won't.

idavidx
Enthusiast - Level 1

It does apply due to fact that Verizon's network operates on those frequency's.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

idavidx wrote:

It does apply due to fact that Verizon's network operates on those frequency's.

The block C FCC rules only relates to the 700 mHz band 13 frequency.  The Nexus 5 doesn't have that radio band.  How is "Verizon Wireless" restricting a phone that doesn't operate on the frequency that required the other phones to be unlocked?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
reillc01
Enthusiast - Level 1

There's not much more that I can add except that I am also leaving for this phone. It's a shame that verizon doesn't want my money. Perhaps I can convince AT&T to take it.

ostrich1089
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just ordered a Nexus 5 and a TMobile sim and will be trying them out for a month.  Assuming their service is at the very least passable I'm kicking Verizon to the curb for both my lines.

jpcfanfics89

i like verizon i had a cell phone on my moms plan from bout 2005 to late 2011ish and my own plan tell now from then i had only 1 bad thing happen to me and i don't know if it'll so happen  for the past 8 or so years i had cell phones i am on now my 69th cell phone most phones about 80% of them or so from software bugs they could not help with so i re-bought new phones most of the 69 cells bout 65 off contact so i paid out 500+ for ea, other than that i love verizon but i do want the nexus 5 but if i can't get it oh well why make big deal out of it verizon has to follow there own rules that they made witch can mess them up  and in order not to make a loss they may need to keep some cells off or maybe other things are going on no 1 who does not work for them will know why but i am a small guy who does not know much about this so i don't really know

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jpcfanfics89 wrote:

i like verizon i had a cell phone on my moms plan from bout 2005 to late 2011ish and my own plan tell now from then i had only 1 bad thing happen to me and i don't know if it'll so happen  for the past 8 or so years i had cell phones i am on now my 69th cell phone most phones about 80% of them or so from software bugs they could not help with so i re-bought new phones most of the 69 cells bout 65 off contact so i paid out 500+ for ea, other than that i love verizon but i do want the nexus 5 but if i can't get it oh well why make big deal out of it verizon has to follow there own rules that they made witch can mess them up  and in order not to make a loss they may need to keep some cells off or maybe other things are going on no 1 who does not work for them will know why but i am a small guy who does not know much about this so i don't really know

What the heck are you doing to go through 69 cell phones in EIGHT years? I have had six phones in ten years.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

jpcfanfics89

i did a lot i myself don't know why i do this

0 Likes