If I buy an unlocked Nexus 6 and place my active nanoSIM from my iPhone in the slot, will it work with no limitations?
qdhcjv

I have an iPhone 5s from Verizon with an active nanoSIM installed. Can I simply swap it into a factory unlocked Nexus 6 to get access to the Verizon network? It does support all the bands as seen at http://google.com/nexus/6 at the bottom of the page (also, this forum has terrible hyperlinking support). Will I be able to access the network fully with no restrictions? I do understand that it will probably appear on my account as an unknown/non-VZW device.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I buy an unlocked Nexus 6 and place my active nanoSIM from my iPhone in the slot, will it work with no limitations?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes it will work. One thing you need to deal with is setting up your voicemail again since you would be moving from the Apple server housed voicemail to the Verizon Wireless system. You will lose any saved voicemails from the old system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: If I buy an unlocked Nexus 6 and place my active nanoSIM from my iPhone in the slot, will it work with no limitations?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes it will work. One thing you need to deal with is setting up your voicemail again since you would be moving from the Apple server housed voicemail to the Verizon Wireless system. You will lose any saved voicemails from the old system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
qdhcjv

Sounds good. Do I need to do any process to get voicemail working? I've already backed up the important recordings. Also, will doing this process (Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support) completely disconnect me from iMessage? I hear migrating users often miss texts because they end up in the void that was their iPhone's iMessage account.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, I forgot about deactivating the iMessages.

You might have to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone to have them reset the voicemail to the right type after you activate the Nexus 6.

0 Likes