I ordered new phone online and it came with a new SIM card. Do I use that or put my old one in?
Danderson12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used to switch my SIM card to the new phone but never got one that came with a SIM card already installed. Do I use the new one or put my old one in? Already had service and just signed new 2yr. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ordered new phone online and it came with a new SIM card. Do I use that or put my old one in?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

If the new phone sim card is active on  your Verizon account go with it, if not just plug in your old sim card.  I just use my old working sim and switch over.

View solution in original post

Re: Ordered new phone online and it came with a new SIM card. Do I use that or put my old one in?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

If the new phone sim card is active on  your Verizon account go with it, if not just plug in your old sim card.  I just use my old working sim and switch over.

Danderson12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Awesome, thanks!

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

thank you...

0 Likes
Not applicable

However a Sim swap is only possible if they are the same size.

If the new Sim is a nano Sim and the other device was a micro Sim or larger size, using the new phone with the new Sim is what you should do.

Good Luck