Re: I hate my phone since forced update!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the help you need, BLACKCOFFEE. Can you please clarify your questions please?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
N4gtabl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why are location services required to open the weather widget? That is the most ludicrous requirement ever. A) I do not want apps or other things like photos to know my GPS location. B) my parents live in Florida. Id like to know the weather there so I can pack.  My location in pa certainly isn't necessary to give me a weather report for a FL location it already has the zip code for. C) unrelated... what's the purpose of changing the icons? Unless you've significantly decreased the memory and power by using new icons,  jjust leave them ALONE! Cripes.

0 Likes
Hope1984
Enthusiast - Level 1

If they wanted us to "love our phone" as they claim we'd be given the option to truly reject unwanted updates. 

0 Likes
Hope1984
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone considered that we don't want you updates AT ALL? I don't care about compatibility. I don't want App updates EITHER. I've turned them off. If this forced system update is all about compatibility then it's counter productive because I NEVER update the apps. I paid for my phone. I'm paying for a service. Delivery my calls and texts and provide me with the data I pay for otherwise stay out of my phone and keep your updates to yourself. 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes