I can't text non-verizon customers
wthompson2009
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello - I am a new customer to Verizon and I am unable to send or receive text messages to customers who are not with Verizon. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: I can't text non-verizon customers
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you port your number from another carrier? Is the issue with all the other carriers or just one carrier?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wthompson2009
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes - I ported from cricket. I have had issues with Google fi and AT&T.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is likely that the port didn't fully complete yet. Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or another phone and ask them to verify the status of the port request.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

Welcome to the Verizon Wireless family wthompson2009. We want to be sure your messaging is working the way it should. Ann154 asked some great questions so let's continue working towards a resolution. What happens when you try to send a text message on your phone? Are you having any trouble making or receiving calls on the device?

0 Likes
wthompson2009
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you

0 Likes
wthompson2009
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am able to send texts to Verizon customers no problem. When i send to AT&T it says "sent" but it does not arrive to the other person. Same happens when they send to me. Phone calls work fine.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

wthompson2009 wrote:

I am able to send texts to Verizon customers no problem. When i send to AT&T it says "sent" but it does not arrive to the other person. Same happens when they send to me. Phone calls work fine.

Yep that's definitely a symptom of the port request not being fully completed.

0 Likes
Rodney90

I am having this same issue. I have a verizon and an at&t phone. My wife also has a Verizon phone. We have had them for 6 months or so and they both have brand new phone numbers never uses by anyone else. When I text her verizon phone or my verizon phone from my at&t phone neither of us receives the message. However we can send from the verizon to the at&t no problem. Just can't receive.

0 Likes
Rodney90

Actually let me be more clear. I can text no Verizon customers. But I cannot seem to receive texts from them.

0 Likes