I am unable to receive texts from one specific person.
KSUN50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can send texts to him and send/receive to/from others. He can send texts to others.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am unable to receive texts from one specific person.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you have accidentally blocked that person?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KSUN50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've double checked that I don't have this person blocked. I am also able to receive phone calls from this number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to keep all communication lines open, KSUN50. Let's take a closer look into your messages. When did this start? Have you ever been able to receive text from this number before? What is the make and model of your phone? 

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

KSUN50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been able to receive texts from this number. Started on Thursday, 08/24. I have a Google Pixel and use the Google Messaging App. I have since switched to the Verizon App to see if that worked. Still doesn't work.  This friend is able to send texts to others in my family, who are on the same account.  Currently, I am able to receive texts via the WeChat app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a long time, KSUN50. Let's get more information. Was there any changes to the device prior to this issue such as a software update or new applications? How did you go about checking the blocked number (phone or My Verizon)?

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KSUN50
Enthusiast - Level 1

To ensure this number isn't blocked, I went to the phone app, settings,

call blocking - and saw that I did not have any numbers listed. The number

that I cannot receive texts from is an Australia number. This problem

started when he recently landed in the US (August 24). As I previously

mentioned, we are able to place calls back and forth, and he is able to

send texts to my family, who are on the same Verizon account as me.

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 10:41 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes