I am not receiving texts from certain iphone users
klauramc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a galaxy s5 2 days ago and signed up on Verizon.  I am not getting texts from most iphone users I regularly chat with, but I am getting some texts from others.  All my texts are being received by both groups on either group or ind. text.  I have never had an iphone so its not the switching issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am not receiving texts from certain iphone users
klauramc
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone number wasn't ported properly from tmobile.  There was an account mismatch.  Just chat with a rep, give them your former provider's account number and they can port again.  I was up and running within an hour.  Thanks Verizon!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Klauramc

Welcome to the Verizon Family! What service provider did you have previously? Did you port in your number from this carrier? What provider are your friends using with the iPhones? Are you able to receive from VZW iPhone users?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
klauramc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Chris.  I came from TMobile.  The Verizon sales rep ported my number at the store.  2 out of 7 iphones work.  They both happen to be Verizon.  I'd have to check on the others.

0 Likes
klauramc
Enthusiast - Level 2

so far 2 are AT&T and 1 is Tmobile (of the iphones I am not receiving texts from)

0 Likes
klauramc
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone number wasn't ported properly from tmobile.  There was an account mismatch.  Just chat with a rep, give them your former provider's account number and they can port again.  I was up and running within an hour.  Thanks Verizon!

0 Likes