How to reply to a previous reply?
Smokykstar
Enthusiast - Level 1

continued from a previously started thread: What to do when android app on google won't download because it says not compatible with my tablet?

I just wanted to let the folks know they helped me on my question about downloading an app to my apparently old Samsung. tablet.  They were right that the tablet is too old to upgrade from 4.2.2 to the current 4.4 version of android.

Guess eventually my wife will have to get a new tablet.

It is a shame Samsung can keep the operating system up to date like Apple and Microsoft can with their devices.

How do I let people know they answered my question and thank them?  This forum won't let me reply to a reply.

Smoky

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to reply to a previous reply?
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

Smokykstar, I am glad to know the community members assisted you with your question. To let the individuals know they provided you with the correct information you mark the answer as correct. You will see a star next to Correct Answer that you would select.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How to reply to a previous reply?
rcschnoor
Legend

Smokykstar wrote:

It is a shame Samsung can keep the operating system up to date like Apple and Microsoft can with their devices.

I would be curious what you mean by this? I have an old iPad which has not been able to be updated to the newest version of iOS for quite some time. There are many apps which can no longer be used on this device because they now require a newer version of iOS than what the iPad is capable of running. The original iPad was released in April of 2010. In June of 2012, it was announced that the original iPad would no longer receive updates to its operating system.

How "old" is the "old Samsung tablet" you can no longer update? If you want an android tablet which receives updates for a longer period of time, you should go with the Google Pixel C. That will likely be supported for a much longer period of time than anything Samsung puts out.

0 Likes