How to "switch" current account to new phone via "bring your own phone" after customer support hours.
callie_baby_3

So I have my account information as well as the other phone's like required information - However, whenever I try to switch my account to the "new" phone, (yes, the account on this IS technically active, but past expiration date AND without minutes), it refuses to let me, plus it's whatever A.M. so there's no chat option popping up like it won't freaking stop like it does during the day when I DON'T want to talk to a Verizon team member. *GRR* lol. Then when I try to activate it on the phone itself, *611 does a brief version of it's "OMG IT'S ON SCREEN 611 YAY* interlue and then quits abruptly, while *228 turns itself into the full extended number, proceeds to let me get all the way through the menu and then informs me that I can do it online (me knowing full and gosh darn well that I can't) or wait until customer service hours.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to "switch" current account to new phone via "bring your own phone" after customer support hours.
Snn5
Legend

Are you trying to activate a phone in place of another?  If so, and your SIM is the same size as the old, just turn off old phone and put SIM into new phone.  If there is issue with activation then try chat during open hours or visit a store, or call Verizon from the working phone and give them the ESN of the new phone and the SIM number.  They can input it immediately, your old phone will disconnect, then swap the SIM and power new phone on.  If the SIM is not the same type, go to a store or order one from My Verizon and get one free.

0 Likes