Re: How to Tell When Droid is charging
docfreed

That did it - Thanks.  Curiously, no one in the Verizon store had a clue so they exchanged my phone.

0 Likes
Jace_Aero

I bought a Motorola Droid on Tuesday and when i finally activated it, the bluetooth and WiFi were non functional. I went back on wednesday to see if it was able to be corrected and they exchanged the Droid for a new one. The WiFi and Bluetooth are now opperational, but when i got home from work tonight, i tried to charge it, but neither the LED on the charging port nor the animation on screen are present. However, when i power off the phone with the charger connected, the light on the charging port comes on, but after a period of time where the battery charge status would or should have increased by 10-20%, there is no change in battery status. I attempted a factory reset and the results are the same. I must apologize if this comes as an unintelligent question, but is there another customer proceedure I can carry out myself to correct it or should I simply go back to the store again and return it? I know I am beginning to become frustrated with it, so i can only imagine how the staff of the store must feel seeing me on a seemingly daily basis over the past couple of days. Its a remarkable phone and is impressive technology, but it seems some of its bugs have not been completely worked out as of yet. In closing if any of you could give me some helpful recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated.

Jace_Aero

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I would pull the battery (unplug from charger) and insert it again and see if that fixes the issue.

0 Likes
Jace_Aero

I just tried that proceedure, but to no avail. same result, but thank you for your advice.

Jace_Aero

0 Likes
Jace_Aero

My Droid appears to be charging while it is powered down, i turned it off for an hour while it was on the charger and it has gone from 20% to 50%. Though the phone could be sustained this way, it makes it inconvenient if someone is trying to reach me while i am charging it nor does my computer recognize it still. To close this matter, I believe i will just take it back to the store and see if they have another solution or if they will replace it again. I thank you all for your time.

Jace_Aero

0 Likes