How do you set up a voice mail?
rahfiki90

I've had this number since 2006 and I've tried several times over the years to set up a voice mail box for this number. I've even had technicians at Verizon stores try to help, but all they really told me is that I have to do it myself. I call *86 and it doesn't give me the option to set it up. What should I do? I really need to set one up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you set up a voice mail?
Snn5
Legend

Smart phone or basic phone?  If it is a smartphone you can either call Voice mail from the contacts list or go to the phone dialer and long press 1.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Go online to My Verizon and setup and sign into your account, look under Additional features and

Locate the drop down menu. Click to open menu then go to change features and locate Basic Voice mail.

2. Locate the button Basic Voice Mail and click ADD.

3.When you're done making changes click next at the bottom of the screen and then ok.

4. Then go into your device and set up your regular voice mail program as per the voice prompts.  Basic Voice mail is a standard feature and as you posted can be reach by long pressing #1 or dialing *86. You also may need to activate your voice mail app in your phone itself or reinstall the app.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Voice mail cannot be uninstalled and re-installed.  It's a Verizon system app.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Yes I know it's a part of the bloat ware package. I do not like the Verizon app anyway and I use another app. By reinstalling I meant to say said Force Stop, clear cache and data. Than do a restart of phone and restart the Verizon app.  Thanks for the added information in post, Snn5.   Smiley Happy

GoogleGlass3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had past problems with the Verizon VM app on two of my phones and I now use one from the PS.

0 Likes