How do I upgrade from Ice Cream sandwich to Jellybean?
goffswhr

I have a Motorola Razr that is equipped with Ice Cream Sandwich operating system and I just learned about Jellybean. Is it possible to manually update to this new version or do I have to wait and get a new device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I upgrade from Ice Cream sandwich to Jellybean?
budone
Legend

It can, but can not be discussed on this forum. Google your request, you will be overwhelmed. 

0 Likes
goffswhr

Ok???

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Razr is scheduled to receive the Jelly Bean update, but Motorola hasn't said when yet:

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

If you don't want to wait on an Over the Air update, you'll have to Google what you want and see if you want to go that route.  That is all that can be said about that method on this forum due to the forum's Terms of Service.

0 Likes
goffswhr

Thank you. I wasn't attempting anything illegal. Was just curious how to

update it. I will wait for the update to happen. Thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm sure there will be threads started whenever JB starts being released to the Razr, but in the meantime, you can check that link in the above post.  JB has some changes from ICS, but nothing like going from Gingerbread to ICS.

0 Likes
CHRIS42060
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am sure Verizon will delay this update as long as they can.  Their typical business model of: "Why update older phone quickly when someone might just buy a newer phone" is here to stay I am sure. 

BTW way what you Google'd is perfectly legal (much to Verizon's unhappiness), but I definitely don't recommend doing it if you're not very familiar with how the phone works.

0 Likes
Not applicable

CHRIS42060 wrote:

I am sure Verizon will delay this update as long as they can.  Their typical business model of: "Why update older phone quickly when someone might just buy a newer phone" is here to stay I am sure. 

Please. OK so Verizon's logic is a phone I just got in July and won't be eligible for an upgrade until March 2014 I'm just going to pay full price for a phone to get Jelly Bean? Sorry I'm not buying that.