How do I unlock my Google Account?
bigal172
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Community,

My 12 yr old son forgot his password and was unable to get into his Kyocera Brigadier.  He went and backed up all of his data and did a hard reset of the phone which is now requesting that he input his google account info.  This is where the problem begins because after keying in his email and password, the following screen is the same one asking for him to put his info!  [removed] How do we get around this?

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble with Google Account!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bigal172,

We definitely want him to be able to access his phone again. The devices have new security features enabled to prevent theft and fraud. In order to sign back in, he will need to use the Google account and password that was originally set up. Here is a link for assistance with changing a forgotten password: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/41078?hl=en

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

did he use password recovery??

0 Likes
bigal172
Enthusiast - Level 1

He says that he did try that and he was going in circles going over repeated attempts and so he gave up and did a factory hard reset.  What he did not know was that if you have device protection on, which he did, he is automatically locked out of his phone for 24 hours.  Well it's been 24 hours and we still cannot get into his phone.  Gonna call Verizon and see what can be done.  Thank you Bearone 21.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bigal172,

We definitely want him to be able to access his phone again. The devices have new security features enabled to prevent theft and fraud. In order to sign back in, he will need to use the Google account and password that was originally set up. Here is a link for assistance with changing a forgotten password: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/41078?hl=en

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes