How do I turn off driving mode notification sound?
cari2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to turn off driving mode notification sound. or change it to something quiet.  It tells me it has turned on after I am driving, then continues to chime over and over again until I view the message.  This kills the whole idea of not looking at the screen while driving.  It is annoying me to no end.  Can I turn off or change the sound without turning off other options?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I turn off driving mode notification sound?
cari2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read a suggestion to change my text message default app from the Verizon one to the Samsung one and that did fix the issue!  Yippee!  Too bad Verizon has this awful bug in their app!  So glad I was able to change it and stop the constant dinging noise!  It was making a noise like for text, but did not actually send a text, just a notice in the drop down menu.  So nice to drive 45 minutes home and not listen to this thing ding every 5 minutes!!!! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We surely do not want you to be annoyed with the driving mode feature. Let's take a look at a few things.  What type of phone do you have? You mentioned that it chimes until you view the message. Are you referring to text messages?
VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cari2
Enthusiast - Level 2

samsung galaxy 6

0 Likes
cari2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read a suggestion to change my text message default app from the Verizon one to the Samsung one and that did fix the issue!  Yippee!  Too bad Verizon has this awful bug in their app!  So glad I was able to change it and stop the constant dinging noise!  It was making a noise like for text, but did not actually send a text, just a notice in the drop down menu.  So nice to drive 45 minutes home and not listen to this thing ding every 5 minutes!!!! 

0 Likes