How do I stop text messages from being forwarded to my email?
RyaNeedsHelp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,  I connected my galaxy S7 to a duo mobile account, which is used as a verification method for a secure login by my employer.  The email associated with that account is now receiving Verizon service messages and copies of text messages.  That email account is not associated with my Verizon accounts. I'm pretty sure the only way it became associated with the galaxy 7 is through the duo mobile app,  which sends authentication codes to the mobile device for secure login on a pc. I'd like to end the service messages and forwarded text mashes to that email.  How can I?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messages and service messages forwarded to an email account
RyaNeedsHelp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes,  it was the sync messages setting in the Microsoft Exchange settings for adding a new email account. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this through the email app?  Samsung has been known to have a setting in the email app allowing text messages to be delivered to the email app too.  Why, I don't know.  It doesn't make sense to me.  Once you find the setting, turn it off.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

RyaNeedsHelp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it is.  Thanks,  I'll look for it.

0 Likes
RyaNeedsHelp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes,  it was the sync messages setting in the Microsoft Exchange settings for adding a new email account. Thanks!

0 Likes