How do I stop my LG Transpyre from sending multiple text messages?
jlfarrell13

I got my Transpyre in December. Ever since I have had it it will send a text message multiple times. Not every time just sometimes. Sometimes the message will send up to 65 times to the recipient, which annoys the crap out of that person. I have called tech support with no help. I have force stopped the app, cleared data, and cleared cache and nothing has stopped it. I have noticed the status of the message has the loading circle like it is still in the process of sending, but not every time. I was hoping there was a way to just select cancel on the message but apparently "smart phones" can't do that. I so miss the older phones. Please help. thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I stop my LG Transpyre from sending multiple text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how that can be an issue for the person that is receiving that many text messages, jlfarrell13. Are you using the default text message that came with the phone or are you using a 3rd party text message application from the Google Play Store? If you press and hold on the message that has the loading circle, does it give you the option to delete the message? Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jlfarrell13

Yes I have been using the default message app. It does give me the option to delete the message but it does not stop it from sending. It still continues to send even after deleted. I just downloaded a 3rd party app today to try and see if it will do the same thing. Since it occurs at random it is just a waiting game.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate those details, jlfarrell13. I was going to suggest to see if you can use a 3rd party text message application and text it out. I know with it being random it's hard to test it out right away. I'm showing that the device you have is set for prepaid. Are you actually using the phone with a prepaid plan? If so, and this issue still happens after trying the 3rd party app I would recommend on reaching out to our Prepaid Team directly by calling 888-294-6804. We don't have access to prepaid services or accounts here on Social Media.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes