How do I start Verizon's Visual Voicemail app using a voice command?
FauxFlat

When I say "OK Google, Start/Open/Go-to Visual Voicemail", my Galaxy S5 CALLS voicemail and then I have to use the keypad to listen to the voice mails.  I have not figured out any voice command that will activate Basic Visual Voicemail.   This is not good when you're driving winding roads.

Any ideas?

BTW, all apps and OS are up to date.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I start Verizon's Visual Voicemail app using a voice command?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how important it is to be safe while driving with your phone. When you are in your vehicle, do you have your S5 set to go to Car Mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-99103/ ?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FauxFlat

No, I do not use S Voice because it not only doesn't respond to my voice it also interferes with the far superior OK Google functions.  Additionally, Car Mode doesn't work when I've got the phone buried in the back pocket of my bike jersey.  AND As far as I can tell, Car Mode limits the apps I can use via Google Now.    Car Mode = worthless in my world.

After a little more research I think the answer is Verizon has not implemented a very few lines of code.  The developer  information has been out there for well over a year.  Since Verizon wants its customers to use Visual Voice Mail, when will the code be added?  Or if it already is, how does it work?

Get Started with System Voice Actions  |  Voice Actions  |  Google Developers

0 Likes
FauxFlat
0 Likes