How do I receive faxes with Premium Visual Voice Mail?
aomissions77
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I receive faxes with Premium Visual Voice Mail?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I receive faxes with Premium Visual Voice Mail?
steve101
Contributor - Level 1

you don't. you can use E-fax, but PVVM does not fax. may i ask what your looking to do?

aomissions77
Enthusiast - Level 1

The welcome text I received when I signed up stated "Also included with Premium Visual Voice Mail are enhanced mailbox features.....and the ability to receive fax messages directly on your phone."

deloused
Master - Level 3
LittleAbby
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am absolutely maddened by this circular explanation. When I originally got the upgraded VM service I was able to open up a fax document on my phone and then forward it to email, download it, dropbox it, etc.

That service is gone. In it's place is the requirement that I call in and ask Verizon to send it to a fax number. Which is ridiculous, considering that I have this plan specifically because I don't want another fax number. I travel, I do work from my car, etc. There is no no apparent option for forwarding a fax to a non-fax number. There is also no message indicator telling me that a fax has arrived. I just started wondering where the faxes I was expecting had gone...

Please stop referring people to the damned instructions that don't address anyone's questions about the fax service.

andbmar59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Man, I feel your pain. The voice mail comparison chart says you can get a fax, but I just spoke to a support agent that says PVVM has no support for fax. What a nightmare. The only plan-based fax support they said existed was just for business accounts. Do not sign up for PVVM expecting fax support, and ignore all directions and notices on the web site for it. You will need a 3rd party app if you want to get a fax on your phone.

RV_GRANNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

This link is useless.  It doesn’t address the question in any way.  The only real answer to this question is that Verizon is guilty of false advertising.  If you are planning on upgrading to this premium service solely for the advertised fax capabilities, don’t bother.  If you’ve already upgraded, no need to waste anymore time looking for instructions.  The bit about receiving faxes directly to your phone was a blatant lie.  Time to downgrade back to the free voicemail.

Pwatkinsgri

It's great when it works.  When it stops working it's impossible to find a Verizon technician that's even heard of receiving a fax with visual voice mail!

0 Likes