How do I go back to Jelly Bean?
yMidnite
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated to Kit Kat and had the dreaded battery issue. I did a factory reset to go back to Jelly Bean and it did not, it installed Kit Kat again. I had high hopes that the 'fresh' install would fix my battery problem, it did not.

On Jelly Bean I would take it off charge at 4 AM and be at 40 to 50% remaining at the end of the day 9 - 10 PM. Now, I recharge it around noon.

I want Jelly Bean back... how do I get it back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I go back to Jelly Bean?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

yMidnite wrote:

I have heard that, but was hopeful Verizon would step up and have another plan. With all the issues, Verizon should give this as an option. 

Why is it that when upgrading to KK, it takes out the original OS. None of the others upgrades did that. I reset one phone that was running ICS and it went back to Ginger Bread.

As far as I know since 2009 and the first Android device on Verizon Wireless, you have never been able to officially revert the OS version to the previous version. Same goes true for other android devices on other carriers and wifi only devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There isn't any official way to revert to the previous OS version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
yMidnite
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have heard that, but was hopeful Verizon would step up and have another plan. With all the issues, Verizon should give this as an option. 

Why is it that when upgrading to KK, it takes out the original OS. None of the others upgrades did that. I reset one phone that was running ICS and it went back to Ginger Bread.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

yMidnite wrote:

As far as I know since 2009 and the first Android device on Verizon Wireless, you have never been able to officially revert the OS version to the previous version. Same goes true for other android devices on other carriers and wifi only devices.

0 Likes