How do I delete visual voicemail?
severalservals

Hi. I do not like having to use data to get to my voicemails. How can I delete this service?

Before you say "go to My Plans and Services and delete it from there", it doesn't show up there! I go to the My Plans and Services, go to manage products and apps, then to manage your products. I have looked both at the account holder's products and the ones for my own line, and neither show basic visual voicemail. so how do I really delete it? or at LEAST how do I switch my default voicemail back to just the regular voicemail?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to delete visual voicemail?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is normally in the Block Services section not the Products and Apps area of your MyVerizon account online.

As for completely removing the Visual Voicemail feature from your line, you will need to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request they add the Block Visual Voicemail feature to your line(s).

As for the PMs, you might have to reply through the forum instead of replying to the email notification of the private message (PM). If the rep does respond, they can also add the Block Visual Voicemail feature to your line(s). One of the VZW reps that roam this community helped me to add it to my account over a year ago.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you have the right setup for your needs. I have sent you a Direct Message so we can take a closer look at your account options. YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
severalservals

YaleK_VZW​ I can't seem to get my message to send over PMs... I'm trying to send what you asked for but I can't get it to go beyond the "loading" part...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is normally in the Block Services section not the Products and Apps area of your MyVerizon account online.

As for completely removing the Visual Voicemail feature from your line, you will need to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request they add the Block Visual Voicemail feature to your line(s).

As for the PMs, you might have to reply through the forum instead of replying to the email notification of the private message (PM). If the rep does respond, they can also add the Block Visual Voicemail feature to your line(s). One of the VZW reps that roam this community helped me to add it to my account over a year ago.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
severalservals

OMG thank you! I was going by exactly what it said on the visual voicemail page

also as for the PM, I did try to respond directly from here, it wouldn't send, but now that it's fixed I don't really need it, so thank you!!

0 Likes