How do I delete annoying Verizon contacts off Moto Z Force?

How can I DELETE the annoying list of Verizon contacts such as #BAL, #DATA, #MIN, #PMT, #UPG, #Warranty, etc from my list of contacts? I don't want to see that [Removed] when I go to my contacts. I've tried deleting them and it only temporarily hides them. It says "Contacts from your read-only accounts cannot be deleted."

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto Z Force Droid can't delete annoying Verizon contacts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I previously would merge them into the contact I had created for the Verizon Wireless Customer Service number and labeled each short code number with its function.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

They can't be deleted, but you can rename them so they show at the bottom of your contact list instead of the top.  Just put a "zzz" in front of the name instead of th # symbol and that will force them to the bottom of your list.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I previously would merge them into the contact I had created for the Verizon Wireless Customer Service number and labeled each short code number with its function.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to see you upset over some preinstalled numbers on your cell phone. Hearing that you feel this way is definitely shocking and we do want to address this for you. As the SuzyQ mentioned these numbers are automatically programmed into every device connected with Verizon Wireless service mine included. The numbers are added to provide a way to reach out to us without having to call for account information for certain services. While the numbers are unable to be deleted, you can do as Ann154 suggested and group the contacts together.  We do appreciate your feedback regarding this and will be sure to lift this up for you. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions or concerns with this matter.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

"Definitely shocking" that I don't want to see 7 Verizon contacts that I will NEVER use every single time I go to my contacts? And my last phone, a Droid RAZR HD did allow me to delete them? I apologize for the masked word which started with , but I'm getting tired of having fewer and fewer freedoms with companies like Verizon, Google, Microsoft, etc. I don't like fewer choices. I realize being anti-freedom is a part of your politics, but I don't like it. I just discovered setting up my voice mail that I HAVE to say my name on my voicemail. I didn't with the RAZR HD. Again, much less freedom, and I don't appreciate it. Why would you intentionally make several entries in the contacts non deletable all of a sudden?

0 Likes
Larbo66
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's a great idea, can't wait to put it to use. Thanks  Ann154 .

0 Likes

I linked them all, renamed them ZZ, and what do you know, they're all back again. 8 contacts that I will never use, I am forced to see every time I go to contacts. Why couldn't Verizon have left it alone?

0 Likes

I'm just going to download a contacts and dialer app that I like and not use the Verizon/Google one. Sometimes with my work I need to get to a contact quickly and I guess Verizon doesn't even allow you to keep these hidden. Thanks for trying to help everyone.

0 Likes
Re: How do I delete annoying Verizon contacts off Moto Z Force?
Hutch1979
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure if all the phones are the same but on a Moto Z Force (what I have), go to SETTINGS and click on APPS & NOTIFICATIONS then click on APP INFO then click on the three dots in upper right corner and click SHOW SYSTEM.  Scroll down to PRELOADED CONTACTS LOADER and then click STORAGE then CLEAR CACHE and CLEAR DATA then back arrow (top left corner) then click DISABLE.   Doing that finally got rid of them for me.

Re: How do I delete annoying Verizon contacts off Moto Z Force?
esimones
Enthusiast - Level 1

It only took me FOUR YEARS to find this answer but it worked!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!

On my Edge - I went to Settings-Apps-Preloaded Contacts and hit Disable.

0 Likes