How do I change audio to text?
GloryJ

Would like to know how to change the audio message to text when I press the mic button on my Lg4 when speaking the message I wish to send. Not every person receiving the  message wants it to be heard due to situation and or workplace. Is this possible? Would like to know the option of going back and forth depending on the purpose of nature. Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messaging
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using Verizon Messaging?  The microphone button for that app does create an audio file, rather than convert to text.  If your keyboard (onscreen) has a microphone, use that instead of the app's mike.

Screenshot_2015-10-14-08-14-08.png

Use the microphone at the bottom of the pic, not the one in the message area by the smiley face.

View solution in original post

ChiefPopeye
Enthusiast - Level 3

the voice mate microphone at the end of the google search bar on your home screen is the easiest way to speech to text. tap the button, say text and the name of the person you want to text then simply say what you want to send as a text. that is the method i use for sending messages on this device.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using Verizon Messaging?  The microphone button for that app does create an audio file, rather than convert to text.  If your keyboard (onscreen) has a microphone, use that instead of the app's mike.

Screenshot_2015-10-14-08-14-08.png

Use the microphone at the bottom of the pic, not the one in the message area by the smiley face.