How did my voicemail disappear?
jmh5

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and sometime recently (I don't know exactly when) my voicemail disappeared. I have been using the same number since 2004 or 2005 and I've had the voicemail set up since then. Last night my fiance called me twice and each time it rang once and went to a message saying that the voicemail was not set up yet. I'm currently waiting for a call about a job interview and people who don't have reliable phones often don't get considered, so it's really critical that I get this fixed! How do I fix this so it doesn't happen again? Does this have something to do with the visual voicemail I refused to setup? Is it another Lollipop problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How did my voicemail disappear?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jmh5,

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear your voicemail disappeared. I know how much I rely on my voicemail to work so let's get it back in business. When you try to listen to your voicemails or call your voicemail what happens? Do you get an error message? Please share additional details to further assist you. 

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jmh5

When I would call my voicemail it started the voicemail setup process. I was told by a VZW rep that it may have been reset by the lollipop update. When I went through the setup process though it was giving me options to change things and create a new password, instead of just setting things up for the first time. After I set it up I had "4 new" voicemails 2 of which were old and 2 that I had never heard before. I didn't think I had ever set up the visual voicemail that my phone was pushing on me, but apparently I started to at some point so one voicemail (which I never heard until now) was regarding the start of my free trial and the second was about the end of my free trial. So I'm assuming that when the visual voicemail sort of started (or whatever it did) my voicemail stopped working and never turned on again. It never notified me about any of this and I didn't find out that my voicemail wasn't working until last night even though the last message was I think from March Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jmh5,

Thanks for the additional info! Did you set up the voice mail already? Is it working now? Keep us posted if you are still unable to access your voice mail.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes