How can I make my phone correctly read my SD card? I had to put a new one in and although it scans fine upon powering on and takes pictures and video it alerts me throughout the day that I removed the SD card and need to reinsert.
satterstrom

How can I make my phone correctly read my SD card?  I had to put a new one in and although it scans fine upon powering on and takes pictures and video it alerts me throughout the day that I removed the SD card and need to reinsert. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I make my phone correctly read my SD card? I had to put a new one in and although it scans fine upon powering on and takes pictures and video it alerts me throughout the day that I removed the SD card and need to reinsert.
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Take all of the items on the SD card and copy them to your computer.  Put the card back in the phone and format the SD card from the phone (this will format the card exactly how the phone needs it, then copy all of your pics and documents/folders back to the SD card.

Before you do that though, unmounts the SD card from the phone, then remove the SD card and clean the contacts with alcohol, let it completely dry and reinsert the card into your device.

View solution in original post

Re: How can I make my phone correctly read my SD card? I had to put a new one in and although it scans fine upon powering on and takes pictures and video it alerts me throughout the day that I removed the SD card and need to reinsert.
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

I think you should let people know what device you're on to get a better understanding for your problem. This might be a device related issue that someone has already experienced and found a fix for. But if you don't post what device you're on, no one can really help you.

I, like many of us on here, try to help others when it's possible. I'm just trying to help get your question answered.

Re: How can I make my phone correctly read my SD card?  I had to put a new one in and although it scans fine upon powering on and takes pictures and video it alerts me throughout the day that I removed the SD card and need to reinsert.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the card may not be seated properly - it's making connection but it's not consistent.  Are the contacts clean?  You said it was a new card - have you tried removing and reinserting, taking extra care to see that it is fully inserted and making a solid connection?

As beyedup mentioned, knowing your specific phone model will help us to give you more specific suggestions.

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Take all of the items on the SD card and copy them to your computer.  Put the card back in the phone and format the SD card from the phone (this will format the card exactly how the phone needs it, then copy all of your pics and documents/folders back to the SD card.

Before you do that though, unmounts the SD card from the phone, then remove the SD card and clean the contacts with alcohol, let it completely dry and reinsert the card into your device.

Re: How can I make my phone correctly read my SD card?  I had to put a new one in and although it scans fine upon powering on and takes pictures and video it alerts me throughout the day that I removed the SD card and need to reinsert.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

satterstrom,

Let's take care of this and get rid of that error message so your card can be read correctly. What device model do you have? Has this happened with all of your SD cards? Have you tried any other SD cards?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes