How can I have apps on the home screen only?
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

I just bought a Zenfone V, and am trying to get it set up the way I like.  One thing I can't seem to do is have an icon only on the home screen.  If I hide the app on the main menu, it goes off of the home screen as well.  I know that this is possible because that's how I have it on my old phone, which isn't compatible with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I have apps on the home screen only?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help. How do you want to customize the application?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

As I asked in my question, I want to have some apps only show up on the Home Screen and not on the Main Menu, or whatever you want to call it.  Having the same icon in both places is wasteful and redundant.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

drag it to the recycle bin!!

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

That takes it off of the Home Screen, which is where I want it.  I want to have apps that are ONLY on the Home Screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSZEF30,

Setting up your phone the way you need it is a big deal. I wouldn't want to see you unable to do so. Different phones do sometimes have different options though. I want to confirm we're on the same page though. When you mention the main menu, what are you doing on the phone to get there? 

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSZEF30, I understand your concern when it comes to only having your apps available on the home screen. When it comes to the Zenfone V there is no way to remove from the main menu and leave it on the Home Screen. The Home Screen is pretty much a shortcut screen that allows you to get to the apps easier. Removing from the main menu will also remove apps from the home screen as well. I hope this provides clarity. Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

From the Home Screen, I tap on the little circle at the bottom.  What else?

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for finally answering my question.  I suspected that it wasn't possible, although it was trivial on my old phone.

0 Likes