How can I block text messages from 86235
KJohnson65

Twice every day I get the same text messages from "86235". I've tried replying "stop", "unsubscribe" and I keep getting them. I've contacted Verizon several times and cannot get this resolved. Can anyone please tell me how to stop text messages from this #?? I would so appreciate it!  I have the Droid Incredible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I block text messages from 86235
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

What does the text message say inside? I would suggest using the Spam Controls,but it accepts regular 10 digit phone numbers

0 Likes
KJohnson65

1 is an ad for Lunesta, 1 is an ad for Effexor. I can't use spam control because it only takes 10 digit #'s. I've tried putting 0's in front but that didn't work. I tried blocking premium text and that didn't work.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

KJohnson65 wrote:

1 is an ad for Lunesta, 1 is an ad for Effexor. I can't use spam control because it only takes 10 digit #'s. I've tried putting 0's in front but that didn't work. I tried blocking premium text and that didn't work.

I suggest then to contact each of the companies. You can contact both here-->Lunesta and Effexor

Mention that you are getting spam text messages from their company and it is considered unethical. That the messages are harssing you. You can even say that you are willing to file a complaint against them. Ask if they would know a way to get rid of these messages. 

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
If you use handescent sms, you can press down on the thread fromt hat number and select blacklist and it won't bother you about it again, as far as I know. Messages it self doesn't have an option to blacklist. Others have said the premium txt option has worked for them.
0 Likes