Hot Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chip, will it be in the 2015 devices?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

The leading maker of mobile processors showcases the capabilities of its newest top-end chip, set to ship in devices starting early next year.

Qualcomm boosts the brains on its flagship Snapdragon 810 chip - CNET           

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hot Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chip, will it be in the 2015 devices?
Tidbits
Legend

It'll happen because the Nexus went 805. If the Nexus was similar specs to the Moto X we'd be getting 805s.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I'm now running Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 in my S5 and I love that fast stable processor. The 805's are hot and the 810 will blow them away. Do I think we will be seeing this baby a lot in 2015...you bet!

Thanks Tidbits

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes majority of the devices next year will have 810s. Maybe even the higher than the 810s by the end of the year.

0 Likes
GoogleGlass3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think there will be more and more phones using those new Hot processors with voice and data together coming in early 2015. I also have the 801 and for gaming it's fast with no bumps.

0 Likes
Not applicable

For me it's not really the performance boost as much as it is the devices will be able to use 3 band carrier aggregation. Along with the performance increases, 64 bit support, these devices should be good to go for years. Who knows maybe keeping a device for 4 or 5 years won't seem so strange.

The Snapdragon 810 processor with integrated next generation LTE-Advanced modem has demonstrated download speeds of up to 450 Mbps over three 20MHz LTE carriers

firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

I'm happy the 805 is being passed on, because the 810 does a lot more than just 64bit, performance, etc, it will help make smartphone cameras tremendously better.

Three cool new things you'll get in next year's smartphones and tablets | The Verge

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

2015 will bring in major improvements in many areas for the smartphone as we know it today. The 805 & 810 processors will give longer battery life and power new radios for 3 band carrier aggregation tech. Better cross carrier communications. Change in this case should be very good!

0 Likes