Help with Pantech Breakout
Spottysmom

My husband just got a new Pantech Breakout & likes it so far.  I am wondering if there's a way to shutdown some of the apps after you use them to conserve the battery & to help the battery charge faster.  I have an iphone4 & I can close the apps but can't figure it out on the Droid OS.  The book tells you how to get to an option but there's no discussion on how they work, etc.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! :smileyhappy:

Melannie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with Pantech Breakout
Ringah
Contributor - Level 1

You're in luck, the Breakout comes preinstalled with an app called task manager.  All you do is open the app and it will tell you what apps are currently running.  From there you can choose which apps to end or touch the end all button to end them all at once.  And I say you're lucky because thats not something all Android phones have, I personally wish HTC would implement it on their phones.

View solution in original post

Ringah
Contributor - Level 1

You're in luck, the Breakout comes preinstalled with an app called task manager.  All you do is open the app and it will tell you what apps are currently running.  From there you can choose which apps to end or touch the end all button to end them all at once.  And I say you're lucky because thats not something all Android phones have, I personally wish HTC would implement it on their phones.

Spottysmom

Great!!  Thanks for the tip!!  It does seem to be a nice little phone for the money - $49 through Costco's!  I know they say it doesn't have the greatest camera but for his usage it seems to be fine - he's coming from a Blackberry Storm so anything's an improvement!!  :smileywink:

0 Likes
Ringah
Contributor - Level 1

I came from a Blackberry Storm as well so I know the feeling!  I went to the Droid Incredible 2 and have been very happy with it.  As far as the camera goes it's ok, the problem in no flash so just limits when and where you can take pictures.  But from my playing around with it seems like a good phone for the price overall, and I have historally had a strong aversion to Pantech phones.

Hope he continues to enjoy the phone!

0 Likes
LibertyFelix

Also a new Pantech Breakout user, I'm having trouble with the flow of help info. I would have rather started a new post, but my browser cannot find a page on the site that allows that, or it isn't maintaining my user pass authenticity.

Question: How do I re-install the Facebook app after deleting it~? I had found it lacking functionality, and thought it had been incompletely installed. Now I find no reference to it. Is it still a free app~? And where can I get a list of more free apps~?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

LibertyFelix wrote:

Also a new Pantech Breakout user, I'm having trouble with the flow of help info. I would have rather started a new post, but my browser cannot find a page on the site that allows that, or it isn't maintaining my user pass authenticity.

Question: How do I re-install the Facebook app after deleting it~? I had found it lacking functionality, and thought it had been incompletely installed. Now I find no reference to it. Is it still a free app~? And where can I get a list of more free apps~?

Have you checked out the Android Market? The application is listed as Market in the phone. You can also sign into your Google account that you used in the phone at the website and browse through the applications. https://market.android.com/?hl=en

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tessie004

I am having trouble finding the clipboard? I copied some text from an email to put in a text and it says it copied it to the clipboard but I can't find the clipboard. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
taz24053

Go into the text message, long press where you type and hit paste and it should pop up.

0 Likes
ohsherry

I just got a Pantech Breakout a couple of weeks ago, but now I can't connect to Facebook with my phone.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, updated, tried signing in from the web browser, but nothing is working.  Facebook just loads and loads and loads and never connects.  If anyone has a suggestion for me, please leave me a message.

Thanks

0 Likes
veryunhappycustomer

Its not as nice a phone as you may think!!

Go to the Verizon site and browse the new smartphone section, find the pantech breakout then go to the review section and read some of the reviews on this phone. It will give you a headsup on what to expect with this little piece of junk!!

It seems to last 2 to 3 weeks before it begins to have issues.

I've had mine for about 3 month and I have experienced most if not all of the problems the reviewers have reported.

If you can I recommend you save yourself a lot of grief and aggravation and trade your phone back in for something else.

I wouldn't recommend this phone to my worst enemy!!!

0 Likes