Help! Text messages disappeared....
mydevjojontj

Hi,

I woke up this morning and don't have any text messages - they are all gone!!! Including ones that I had locked!! My settings are set to 200 messages per conversation and set up to delete old messages when maximum number has been reached. What happened?? And how can I get the text messages back??

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help! Text messages disappeared....
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you had a SMS backup application running in the background on a schedule to save those files, I afraid that there isn't a way to restore them.

Personally I use SMS Backup and Restore from the Play Store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Help! Text messages disappeared....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mydevjojontj, I'm so sad to see that your text messages have disappeared! It looks like your settings are correct. Did you notice any error messages on your phone? I see that you have an Android, but which one do you have? Has any other information been erased. Unfortunately as Ann stated, unless the messages were backed up previously with a 3rd party application, there isn't a way to restore the messages that were deleted. We can check settings to see if something in the phone may have caused the issue.

Let me know what phone model you have so that we can check options.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes