Hard Reset on Eris?????
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I do a hard reset on my Eris and I have the leaked version of 2.1 downloaded...will my phone rest back to 2.1 or 1.5? Also will I loose the data on my sd card during a hard reset? Should  remove the card before hard reset? I'm clueless..... 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hard Reset on Eris?????
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

also.........shold  I do the reset thru the phone seetings or do it the power off method with buttons held down?

0 Likes
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone have any good ideas or comments for me??????

________

This forum is for members to help other members. Please be patient for responses to your query. Thank you.

0 Likes
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

i dont have the leaked version but i too wanna do a hard reset on my Eris and have the same questions as docholliday. i also want to know how do i backup my apps since i read you have to back them up? can someone please give us the steps on how to save our info b4 the reset?  thanks.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
If you do a reset, your phone will stay on 2.1. All data on sd card should be safe. You should back up your apps tho. The first time you go into the market they should be there although, if you get a call like I did in the middle of installing them, anything not yet installed will be gone when you go back in. Also, I found the easiest way to do it was through the settings menu.
0 Likes
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

wanna make sure i understand what you're saying demmo86rt.  after everything is wiped out, when i go into market, it somehow knows the apps i had on the phone?  how do i do it thru the settings menu?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
menu>settings>privacy>factory data reset After I did a reset, I went into the market and everything I had downloaded previously was listed and I just went down the list and started installing them. Unfortunately, I was halfway through and got a call which kicked me out of the market. When I went back in, they were gone. I guess you can back them up with astro file manager but I didn't have it downloaded day I'm not sure how that works. You also have to reconfigure your home screens and other settings.
0 Likes