Handsfree Voice Dialing Solution
Not applicable

OK, this seems to be a solution to the hands free dialing problem with the Droid.  I just downloaded and installed Voice Dialer HF ($4.00).  Then I downloaded and installed Button Shortcut (free).  When you install Button Shortcut, it programs your Droid so that a long press on the camera button activates voice dialing.  This works whether the phone is docked in a car dock or not.  This is the last time you will need to touch your phone.  Now, a voice will ask for your command.  After you say "call Sally at home," the voice will ask you to confirm.  After you say "yes," the phone will dial and automatically switch to your blue tooth earpiece.  So, with only 6 or 8 test calls so far, this appears to be a good solution unless you want/need a totally hands free dialing solution.

EDIT:  I should also add, that to keep the phone awake, you need to keep the charger plugged in.  You can go into settings - Development - Stay Awake, and put a check mark to keep the phone awake.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Handsfree Voice Dialing Solution
Not applicable

bump

0 Likes
angryGTS

This handsfree dialing "problem" on DROID is interesting, I have no problems at all with mine with no apps from the store or anything, I just push the button on my steering wheel and say "call" or "dial"  and it works without me touching anything on my DROID.  http://s885.photobucket.com/albums/ac53/angryGTS/?action=view&current=DSCF1206.flv    Maybe MOTO needs to put backwards compatible Bluetooth software in DROID or older headsets/cars with Bluetooth 2.0

0 Likes
jeffpack1957

sadly, voicedialer HF is a mere hack around a seriously bad problem with the droid.  The problem is on two fronts, the BT stack, and the OS.

Sadly my 300$ Droid cant hands free dial like my 50$ LG phone...:smileysad:

If my Droid wasn't so cool on other fronts, I would have taken it back over this.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Call it what you will, it's an excellent $4.00 solution to me.  Press the camera button and it's totally hands free after that. 

0 Likes