HTC holding press conference
droidoholic

HTC announced that it will be holding a press conference at the upcoming Mobile World Congress 2010 February 15th-18th in Barcelona. I believe the press conference is set for the 16th next Tuesday. Hope we hear some good news.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC holding press conference
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

I'm anxiously awaiting any news regarding the Nexus One or Incredible dropping on Verizon.

0 Likes
droidoholic

I think we all are waiting for the same. Personally I am hoping for the Incredible. 

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

droidoholic wrote:

I think we all are waiting for the same. Personally I am hoping for the Incredible. 

That'll just irritate me, having JUST bought an Eris.  The incredible basically looks to be an Eris on steroids.  I'd love to have one.  I think a little spray paint will fix the hideous rust colored back cover.  Alas, without an upgrade credit, it will likely be pricey.  :smileymad:  

D Dave

0 Likes
droidoholic

How long do you have it? I think you have 30 days. Should be hearing some news real soon. MWC is the 15th-17th. If you hear something and you are with in your 30 days just return it. Use your old phone if you still have it . From what most sites are saying it should be a March release.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

droidoholic wrote:

How long do you have it? I think you have 30 days. Should be hearing some news real soon. MWC is the 15th-17th. If you hear something and you are with in your 30 days just return it. Use your old phone if you still have it . From what most sites are saying it should be a March release.

Nice thought, but I've had the phone almost two months now and returned a TP2 to get the Eris, and they only allow you one return. I'll find a deal somehow.

D Dave

0 Likes
droidoholic
0 Likes
droidoholic

Hey Dave, Just thinking didn't VZW launch the Droid and the Eris together. Could it be, maybe this time it's the Moto Devour and the HTC Incredible. Just thinking.......

0 Likes
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ Dangerous_Dave

Don't get yourself too worked up about it.  This is what happens with technology, you just have to get used to it.  It doesn't matter when you buy or how much you spend, 6 months later something better and/or cheaper will come along.  You made the choice to buy the Eris knowing full well something better was going to come along in 2010.  Just enjoy your Eris for the time being until you're rightfully due for an upgrade, then it'll be your turn to have a shiny new phone that will put both the Nexus and the Incredible to shame.

I just got the Eris as well and after having played with the Nexus a bit I can say I am extremely jealous of anyone that owns a Nexus.  It's a beautiful super fast phone.  But I'm perfectly happy with my Eris.  It was my decision and I can't get all worked up about the fact that it's now outdated.  Heck, it was outdated when I bought it.  :smileywink:

0 Likes
droidoholic

truelove79 wrote:

@ Dangerous_Dave

Don't get yourself too worked up about it.  This is what happens with technology, you just have to get used to it.  It doesn't matter when you buy or how much you spend, 6 months later something better and/or cheaper will come along.  You made the choice to buy the Eris knowing full well something better was going to come along in 2010.  Just enjoy your Eris for the time being until you're rightfully due for an upgrade, then it'll be your turn to have a shiny new phone that will put both the Nexus and the Incredible to shame.

I just got the Eris as well and after having played with the Nexus a bit I can say I am extremely jealous of anyone that owns a Nexus.  It's a beautiful super fast phone.  But I'm perfectly happy with my Eris.  It was my decision and I can't get all worked up about the fact that it's now outdated.  Heck, it was outdated when I bought it.  :smileywink:

Very true, The Eris is a great phone. 2.1 update soon I believe. I have not upgraded my phone yet. I was eligible on Jan.15 , and I have been tracking this phone for some time now. But Truelove79 is right there is always a new phone in the works. I have already heard talks of a 1.5 gig processor by the 4th quarter of 2010

0 Likes