HTC One M8 and lack of
Ryopas

Other carriers offer this service for free with the same phone.  Even my HTC One M7 had the feature, now you are taking it away from me for upgrading my phone?  Why are you charging us $3 a month to use a service that other phones under your contracts get for free, and other cellular carriers offer us for free?    Felt like I was being lied to my face when I learned of this information. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One M8 and lack of
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Lack of "what"? You don't mention what the phone is missing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What's the issue?  What service is free and now costs $3?  Extended warranty is $3.  i'm not sure what you speak of.  Are you saying Verizon no longer carries the M8?  That's true.  What is being taken away from you for $3 for upgrading?  What are other carriers offering for free?

0 Likes
Ryopas

Topic got cut off. Free basic visual voicemail

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's still free.  The premium costs a fee.  You can opt out of the premium from within the app or remove the premium from your account in My Verizon, or call Verizon to have Premium removed.

0 Likes
Ryopas

Snn5 do you have basic visual voicemail for free on your M8? Speaking to both verizon customer service and htc customer service, both have told me there is no such option on the M8 and neither party knows if development of a free visual voicemail will ever come to the M8.  I've spent a lot of time researching how and why it's not free and never came across data saying there is a free visual voicemail.  Verizon even blocks third party apps from providing such a service.

0 Likes
Ryopas

Correct

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Ryopas

So I read that article earlier and didn't believe it.  Since you posted it I went through and followed the steps.  I signed up, removed the subscription and the app even said "you will revert to basic", alas, the only options when I open the app are to resubscribe or tap to call voicemail. 

0 Likes
Ryopas

Verizon I'm waiting for an answer.  Why do I get the app free on my older model phone and you want to charge M8 users $2.99 to use the feature?  Why should I stick with you when I feel like you will try to screw me at every turn now?  Where is the value in using your service?

0 Likes