HTC One GPS not working
justaguywithaphone

I've just recently had mine stop working. Apparently the suggested solution is factory reset?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One GPS not working
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

There are a number of different ways to use GPS on your phone. GPS is also tied to location.

First thing to check is go into Settings and Location. In there you may have a setting called Mode. In Mode you may have three options like: High accuracy (uses GPS, wi-fi, and mobile networks together), Battery saving (uses Wi-Fi and mobile networks), and Device only (uses GPS). Try changing your setting in there and see if it has an effect.

Its also possible something shut off your GPS. You could simply go into settings and toggle the on/off on it there.

Factory resets are the last resort (that and/or replacing the hardware itself) when people have given up on troubleshooting what the real cause of a problem is (just like reformatting a hard drive on a computer). It may fix the problem, but there is no guarantee. Even if it does temporarily fix the problem that doesn't mean it will not happen again. (If you do the same things you did before it happened there is a good chance you could re-trigger the same thing that caused it the previous time.) I would only do a factory reset (or replace your unit) if you've given up on solving the problem any other way, and are 100% sure that such a method with fix your problem permanently.

0 Likes
Re: HTC One GPS not working
Scotbott
Enthusiast - Level 1

II'm having this same gps problem on my htc one M8. Gps will not get a fix whatsoever.  I've tried gps apps and factory resetting the phone. The compass works fine which I can see through gps status app and others but it will not lock on to any satellites whatsoever.  Any other suggestions? Can anyone tell me exactly where the gps module and antenna is located inside the phone? I've had to open this thing before, thanks

0 Likes