HTC Droid Eris Help please
Jroberts238

Ok before I go back to Verizon I was gonna see if I couldn't fix this phone myself. I am having quite a few problems with my Eris and I do not want to get a certified "like new" device in replace of my brand new phone. I have had terrible experiences with those in the past.

My problems are:

• Phone app force closes when receiving a call and keeps ringing like a never ending phone call
  • its freezing and lagging something horrid
  • messaging app sends messages to the complete wrong person sometimes people I don't even know
  • my gmail account no longer syncs ending up with me missing important emails.
  • I get no signal anywhere i go dropped four calls today alone where all my previous Verizon phones had exceptional reception.
Now the things I have done to try to fix these problems in the same order as above:
  1. tried reseting the phone. once by just cutting it off and on and the second by completely doing a factory reset
  2. same as 1
  3. downloading another messaging app from the market no luck there reverted back to 1
  4. deleted my gmail account from my phone then resynced it with the phone no luck reverted back to 1
  5. follow rule number 1
as you can see I don't really know how to get much farther than reseting the phone but in my eyes I should have to be a cell phone tech to simply own a cell phone. It really bothers me that this phone is acting up so bad because me and verizon have a hate hate relationship. I hate to call them and they hate when I call lol. in the past two years I have had many phones due to manufacturer defects. 12 chocolate 2's, 1 chocolate 3, 1 voyager, 1 Env 3, 4 Env Touch, 3 Rogues, 2 Casio Rocks, and finally my Eris. I broke down and bought this Eris at full retail because they ensured me this phone would not dissapoint. They was wrong yet again im searching for answers to why my phone doesn't work.
The problem is I really like this phone and would like to keep it for longer than 3 weeks. Could anyone help me here so I don't have to trade this one in for a refurbished device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Droid Eris Help please
acut21

Sorry man, I have the Droid Eris too and I have to say it is the **bleep**tiest phone I have ever used.  We got screwed by Verizon, lets face it. 

0 Likes
Jroberts238

yes we did but I did find some new info out today that I will use if I cannot fix it myself. It seems the Eris is no longer being produced and one of the reasons is all the defects. A budy of mine today got the Incredible as a replacement. If all else fails ill be on the phone complaining until i get a new phone.......again

0 Likes
acut21

good luck. they have ignored all my emails, I guess I will have to go in a complain again... verizon has got to be the worst customer service I have ever seen

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Fwiw, verizon just started pushing out a new ota bug fix update yesterday that is supposed to take care of some of these issues (we'll see.) I guess it will take about a week to get to everybody.
0 Likes
Jroberts238

on the phone with verizon to try some troubleshooting and the guy said he couldn't help me??? {word filter avoidance}

0 Likes
cthunder067
Contributor - Level 1

I would take it in and make them give you a replacement until they have to give you an upgrade. Then get the LG Ally.

0 Likes
clubergo

I agree with...can't believe they are sending me back to Sprint!

0 Likes
Jroberts238

Well I finally got a hold of a supervisor on my last call and he is sending me a certified "like" new moto droid. I got it next day fedex but guess what. No battery, battery door, or charger. My eris has completely crashed now and im stuck without a phone until thursday and they are refusing to credit my account for time lost. Man I love verizon!

0 Likes