HTC Droid DNA issues after update to 4.2.2 (Software Version 3.06.605.4)
RGusick

Since updating my HTC Droid DNA to 4.2.2 last month, I have several recurring issues:

• The camera crashes (not every time, but often enough that it's VERY annoying) when taking HDR pictures (normal ones are OK)
  • After a reboot, the keyboard reverts to the Google default, instead of my choice of SwiftKey

On the plus side, battery life appears to be improved.

Is anyone else having these problems?  Any suggestions on how to debug/get them resolved?

- R

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Droid DNA issues after update to 4.2.2 (Software Version 3.06.605.4)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your having issues with your keyboard ramjsanders. I was able to locate an issue reported about zooming in with the keyboard but not about accessing the 3 dots used to touch Facebook. Have you tried to check for any updates to your Facebook application? Have you performed a hard reset on your device after the update? This may help clear up some minor issues after a major update. After checking for updates for your applications, the hard reset would be a last option. Here are the steps http://vz.to/1k4NwRM and keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The keyboard issue is a Google keyboard/SwiftKey keyboard problem and has nothing to do with the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ramjsanders

The problem I have is keyboard options.  When in Facebook, and I hold the phone horizontally, the right side of the keyboard is overlapped with the options bar with the 3 dots that you touch for Facebook options.  I need to know how to change keyboard options so the keys in the middle are not elongated in the new version.  Thought about finding an app that gives you more keyboard options... what does anyone else think?  Got any advice?  🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your having issues with your keyboard ramjsanders. I was able to locate an issue reported about zooming in with the keyboard but not about accessing the 3 dots used to touch Facebook. Have you tried to check for any updates to your Facebook application? Have you performed a hard reset on your device after the update? This may help clear up some minor issues after a major update. After checking for updates for your applications, the hard reset would be a last option. Here are the steps http://vz.to/1k4NwRM and keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Blackberry50

I also recently updated my HTC DNA and now the camera does not open - all I get is a black screen like it can't recognize the lens and then shuts itself off.  Any ideas on how to correct?  I am lost without the camera feature

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Have had no problems with my camera and I use the default keyboard so I am all good. But what I would suggest is removed swift keyboard app and then download and install it again and that should fix your problem. I have had that problem with apps before on other phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Blackberry50,

Let's get that camera flashing again! Are you using any camera apps for your phone? Did this only happen after the update? Have you updated your apps after the update? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
allah5580
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 4.2.2 OTA update for our phone is garbage. I broke my DNA took it back to best buy once i recived the new one i Stupidly downloaded the update.

>>Rooting discussion removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

demag2123

My Verizon droid DNA camera is not working at all. I have done a factory reset and soft reset nothing works. Discouraged with Verizon products completely disturbing.

0 Likes
demag2123

Anything else I can do to resolve this issue. I need my camera please...

0 Likes