HELPPPPPP CALLER ID PROBLEMO
xxkgsk8erxx

ok so I just got my droid and I noticed that when people call me the screen comes up as "unknown" even though i have them in my contacts (trust me Ive tested it) Im not saying I dont want that to happen I'm just saying why doesnt it happen for EVERYONE that calls me?? PLease can someone help me, get at me with any info ASAP TY!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELPPPPPP CALLER ID PROBLEMO
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

xxkgsk8erxx wrote:

ok so I just got my droid and I noticed that when people call me the screen comes up as "unknown" even though i have them in my contacts (trust me Ive tested it) Im not saying I dont want that to happen I'm just saying why doesnt it happen for EVERYONE that calls me?? PLease can someone help me, get at me with any info ASAP TY!

I googled the problem and found this thread-->Unknown caller ID

The last person  (Yameen1) said "I just had this issue on a q9c that I picked up about 2 wks ago. One phone call to Verizon fixed it. The first person I spoke to thought that all the settings on the account were fine, but when I spoke to the "Tier 2" technician, they apparently had not flicked the switch to reveal the identities of the incoming callers. One quick flick of the switch on Verizon's end and it was fixed. Ask to speak to a "Tier 2" or "2nd tier" technician."

0 Likes
Beetle

My Droid would display the name if the incoming caller was in my contacts.  I just got the Incredible and it will not show the name.  I can get it to display the name if I add the area code to the phone numbers in my contacts list. 

0 Likes
Beetle

Update - I emailed Verizon and a tech called me back.  He said on the Incredible I would have to enter the area code and the phone number for all contacts.  I entered the area code for all my local contacts and now the caller ID picks up the names from the contact list.  And I can call out OK using the area code for local calls.

Thanks

0 Likes