HELP! After doing a recent update (Version4.4.2) on my Droid Razr M my messaging has stopped!
anjsmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

HELP! After doing a recent update (Version4.4.2) on my Droid Razr M my messaging has stopped working. Every time I try to open to sent a text I get ,"Unfortunately, messaging has stopped" message. Any ideas on how to correct this issue??? not liking this at all!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HELP! After doing a recent update (Version4.4.2) on my Droid Razr M my messaging has stopped!
anjsmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok got in touch with Live Chat and fixed it. Go to app manager and open messaging there. Clear cache, data then force stop. That fixed it! But when I opened messaging I could only read messages couldn't reply. At the top of the screen was a message asking to set default either as Google hangouts or SMS. once you set the default messaging should be fully functional. Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: HELP! After doing a recent update (Version4.4.2) on my Droid Razr M my messaging has stopped!
TkdBob

I have the same issue on a Droid Razr Maxx

0 Likes
ICUCUCM1

Mine also stopped around 10am today   any info on this?

0 Likes
Neenert88
Enthusiast - Level 2

This last update was evidently not a good thing. I haven't had a problem receiving texts so far, but picture texts I send only go though about half the time; the vibration feature on ring/text is virtually non-existent now, as is the LED light for incoming or missed calls, and it messed up my Facebook too.  At this point not sure if I will ever do another update!!

0 Likes
anjsmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok got in touch with Live Chat and fixed it. Go to app manager and open messaging there. Clear cache, data then force stop. That fixed it! But when I opened messaging I could only read messages couldn't reply. At the top of the screen was a message asking to set default either as Google hangouts or SMS. once you set the default messaging should be fully functional. Hope it helps.

0 Likes
anjsmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

But one more thing I couldn't open messaging even in app manager so I click on recent apps and press the messaging app until the option  "remove from list/App info" appeared and selected app info to open the screen to clear the data, cache, and force stop. I am not tech savvy but I can muddle my way if given enough info! Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
TkdBob

Sure did! Thanks!

0 Likes