HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!!
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

switched from tmobile smartphone to verizon galaxy s5 but now that her tmobile is disconnected and still has same phone number switched to verizon

with. is there anyway she can transfer her txt messages and photos to cloud or somewhere???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on the OS of the other smartphone, you can use app from the Play Store to transfer text messages from one phone to another.  The photos can be manually transferred using the USB cable and you computer or you can upload the photos to the cloud like Google+ or another cloud not tied to an carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

i cant get texts saved to sd card on the tmobile phone to put it on my verizon. at least if there is a way

i dont know it. thats what i need to do i think.

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

it does media files but not text transferring to computer. i cant figure this out

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Cheetah15,

Need to know about the Old Phone to advise.  Was the old Tmobile phone also an S5? Does it have an ext SD card? Was it Android? I-Phone? Blackberry? Other OS?

If the old phone was Android with an External Removable SD card then this will be easy for you.  There are several Android text backup apps you can use to move the texts.

1. Connect the OLD phone to wi-fi, insert the SD card in the old phone,  use the same Google account that is on her new phone, and go to the Google PlayStore and download a text backup app like TITANIUM PRO OR GO BACKUP PRO (Nominal fee $2-$3 for these apps, but worth it. You will use this app over and over again)
  2. Open the app on the old phone and backup the text messages, and anything else she wants like call logs, apps, wallpapers, to the External SD card.  If it does not allow you to backup automatically to the Ext SD card you will have  to move the files to the SD card manually with cut and paste. 
  3. After you backup the files from the old phone to the ext SD card, Take the SD card out of the Old phone and insert it into the new Verizon S5.
  4. Go to the Google PlayStore using the same account and install the text backup app you purchased and install it on the New Phone. Since you are using the same Google account, you will not have to pay for it again. 
  5. If you had to move the backup files manually, go ahead and manually move the folder/files to  the New phone. 
  6. Open the backup app and do a file restore.  It will install the text messages, apps, settings, and whatever else you selected to backup on the new phone. 

This only works if the Old Phone was Android. 

Different phone?  Let us know

MAD21
Enthusiast - Level 3

...or connect the 2 phones via bluetootj and transfer directly.